With less than a week to go in the January window, Transfer Talk brings you live updates on all the latest rumours and done deals. Plus, check out the completed moves.
TOP STORY: City plot sensational Hazard swoop
Manchester City are eyeing an audacious move for Eden Hazard, with the Mirror reporting a £150 million bid is planned for the Chelsea superstar.
Pep Guardiola sees the Belgium international as better value than Alexis Sanchez with City prepared to spend big on a star player after missing out on the Chilean to neighbours United.
With Hazard just entering his prime at 25 years of age, City are ready to offer £300,000 per week wages, with a further £50,000 on add-ons to convince him to move instead of extending his stay at Stamford Bridge.
Real Madrid will also be in the picture should Hazard’s idol Zinedine Zidane remain in charge at the Bernabeu.
13:00 GMT: Mauricio Pochettino has indicated that Tottenham Hotspur are ready to act in the final days of the January transfer window.
Pochettino recently suggested that Spurs — who have not signed a player in the winter since Dele Alli in 2015 — would not recruit in January.
12:35 GMT: Birmingham City are “in pole position” to land young Chelsea midfielder Kasey Palmer on loan despite interest from fellow Championship side Sheffield Wednesday, the Birmingham Mail reports.
12:20 GMT: Transfer boost time now, and the club receiving the boost are Arsenal, according to the London Evening Standard. It says their hopes of signing Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are growing after Jurgen Klopp, who brought him to BVB, ruled out a reunion at Liverpool.
12:00 GMT: Into the Championship, where Lewis Grabban is a man in demand after his fine performances on loan at Sunderland. Reports suggest he could now join Cardiff City after leaving parent club Bournemouth, leaving Fulham frustrated.
11:30 GMT: West Ham’s search for a new striker is taking them all the way to China, with the Mail on Sunday reporting that former Southampton forward Graziano Pelle is being targeted. Pelle, 32, moved to Chinese Super League club Shandong Luneng in 2016, but is reportedly open to a return to European football this month.
11:00 GMT: Inter Milan director Piero Ausilio appears to have played down the prospect of Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge coming to the club this month, while also talking up interest in Paris Saint-Germain’s Javier Pastore. Ausilio told Mediaset Premium: “You seem to know more than we do! Of course we are pleased and proud that a player like Pastore sees Inter as an opportunity. I can confirm there has always been a certain ‘feeling’ between Inter and Pastore.”
When asked about Sturridge, he added: “I don’t feel that I should cancel anyone from the list of possibilities, but in terms of the attack we have the players we are content with and can go forward like this.”
10:30 GMT: An interesting deal here — Monaco completed the signing of Genoa’s rising star Pietro Pellegri for a reported €25 million fee. The 16-year-old had been linked to Juventus but instead signed on with the principality club. Pellegri tied a record as the youngest player to appear in a Serie A game in December 2016, when he debuted aged 15 years and 280 days. Read more here
10:00 GMT: Manchester United captain Michael Carrick made only his second appearance of the season on Friday in the 4-0 FA Cup win over Yeovil. The search is on for a long-term replacement for the 36-year-old, and Rai Sport in Italy (via the Manchester Evening News) claim that the agent of Napoli midfielder Jorginho has already travelled to the UK to meet United. Jorginho, 26, is a Brazil-born Italy international who already went some way to ingratiating himself with United supporters when he scored a penalty against Manchester City in the Champions League earlier this season.
09:30 GMT: Paris Saint-Germain chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi rubbished recent reports that Neymar is unhappy in Paris and laughed off suggestions that he could be sold this summer. The Brazilian superstar scored twice in PSG’s 4-0 win over Montpellier on Saturday, and afterward Al-Khelaifi said he was not worried at all about Neymar’s state of mind.
“Look how happy he is on the pitch,” Al-Khelaifi said. “He is very content. I have spoken with him and with his family. He is pleased to be in Paris.”
Asked if the rumours could be a result of Spanish media trying to destabilise PSG ahead of their Champions League clash next month, Al-Khelaifi said: “Perhaps. Why not? We are not thinking about it, though, we are only thinking about our club. Neymar will not leave for Real at the end of the season. Not on your life!” Read more here
09:00 GMT: Welcome to another morning of Transfer Talk! We kick-off the day with news that Middlesbrough will rival Stoke City for the signature of New York City FC midfielder Jack Harrison, according to the Star.
City face fresh transfer loss to United
Man City face another fight to land a transfer target with the Star reporting that United are looking to hijack their move for Fred.
The Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder is now valued at around £50m with Jose Mourinho aiming to outbid the Blues once again after snatching Sanchez away from their rivals.
The Brazilian is also a target for Arsenal and Tottenham, though a bidding war is likely to leave a straight fight between the Manchester clubs.
The 24-year-old is seen as a successor to Fernandinho and one of two City targets before the window closes with Athletic’s Aymeric Laporte likely to arrive at the Etihad once his £57m release clause is activated.
Star Sunday sport: “Get Fred” #tomorrowspaperstoday pic.twitter.com/kI2ap8D0Qp
— Helena Lee (@BBCHelenaLee) January 27, 2018
Real eye Spurs duo to front new era at Bernabeu
Real Madrid want Mauricio Pochettino and Harry Kane to start a new era the Bernabeu, claims the Express.
Los Blancos are 16 points behind La Liga leaders Barcelona and were humiliated midweek as Leganes dumped them out of the Copa del Rey.
Florentino Perez has identified Pochettino to replace Zidane and will persuade him by targeting Kane as this summer’s star signing with a £175m move planned.
The England international is currently earning just £110,000 per week, significantly below star players at rival clubs, meaning Daniel Levy is already planning a new contract to fight off interest from Real.
Stoke ready to spend big to beat drop
Stoke City are preparing a late spree before next week’s transfer deadline in order to beat the drop, with the Telegraph reporting the Potters are targeting two midfielders.
A bid of £14m has been tabled for Galatasaray centre-midfielder Badou Ndiaye, with discussions also taking place with New York City FC for England under-21 midfielder Jack Harrison.
Paul Lambert has guided Stoke out of the relegation zone, but with just one point of breathing room, significant investment is required to extend their 10-year stay in England’s top flight.
– West Ham are aiming to bring Graziano Pelle back to the Premier League, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
The former Southampton star is playing his football with Shandong Luneng, but now 32, the Italian may fancy another shot at the Premier League after two years in China.
– Javier Pastore has decided that his future lies with Inter Milan, reports Tuttosport.
The 28-year-old is keen to return to Serie A following his time with Palermo and aims to secure a place in Argentina’s World Cup squad as a result of ending his seven-year stay in the French capital.
– Newcastle have made a move for Gremio star Luan, reports the Sun, and are prepared to break their club record fee to do so.
Liverpool are also keen on the Brazilian, but the Magpies could swoop in for the 24-year-old in a £17.5m deal.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.